Trinity Washington University was founded as a women's college in 1897 by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur to provide education for women. In the 1950's, they invited popular scientists and politicians to speak to the student body and support the school's efforts to create an area for women to research and innovate in the DC area.
This digital collection is a pilot project to test the feasibility and protocol for digitizing the Trinity College Newsletter, the university's newsletter which ran from the mid-1950's until the 1990's. The newsletter contains information about events concerning both alumnae and current students as well as articles about faculty awards and campus events. Volumes 1 through 7 have been digitized in this collection.